Sparrow Health System
Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
Position’s Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides basic nursing services for the care and treatment of patients under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN). The LPN assesses, plans and implements individual patient care in a nursing department according to Nursing Services policies, procedures and standards of care.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Assess patient condition and initiate appropriate nursing and/or medical care in collaboration with an RN.
- Provides basic care and tasks as directed by an RN (accucheck, vital signs)
- Documents care given and patient response in patient record.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and environment and ensures the area is stocked with appropriate supplies.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of appropriate equipment and supplies to provide quality patient care.
- Communicates significant information and changes in patient condition to the RN.
- Actively participates as a team member. Constructively addresses patient and team issues to insure quality patient care and a collaborative work environment.
- Implements the nursing plan of care as delegated by the RN.
- Acts as a liaison between members of the health care team, patient and patients family. Participates in patient/family teaching as delegated by the RN.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in nursing and provides evidence of clinical competency.
- Participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of departmental and hospital performance improvement programs.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||
We have a variety of full time and part time LPN positions available. Apply to this posting to be considered for any inpatient LPN vacancy.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: