Sparrow Food and Nutrition – Cook | Sparrow Health System | Lansing, MI
Position’s Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
To prepare, cook and serve food items for patient needs and for public areas as needed.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Prepare and cook according to recipes, methods and procedures for all different aspects of patient care
- Prepare and cook as needed for catering events, special functions and retail support as needed.
- Responsible for proper storage and handling of food products. Ensures proper food temperatures. Labels and dates all products according to established guidelines.
- Follows all appropriate sanitation guidelines.
- Responsible for cleaning all cooking, preparation, serving and storage areas and reporting equipment that needs repair or maintenance to supervisor.
- Assists in training of new or part-time Caregivers.
- Contributes to and supports Goals and Objectives of Food and Nutrition Services and the Health System.
- Is flexible in working alternate schedules as required for the proper operations of the department.
- Helps in solving work area problems by communicating ideas and solutions to supervisor and fellow Caregivers.
- Maintains hospital standards by participating is in services, committees and continuing education programs, etc.
- Proactive approach to daily work; take the initiative
- Demonstrate customer service congruent with Sparrow’s ICARE Value system.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: