Sparrow Health System
Position’s Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Provides clerical/clinical support for the Sparrow Rehabilitation operations in order to maximize the value, potential, and satisfaction of our customers. Ensures the scheduling and staffing needs of the IP Rehab Services department are met and completes timekeeping processes to ensure the department has appropriate resources to meet the needs of our patients while interpreting various union and non-union pay practices correctly.
- Greet and receive patients and visitors in the department as appropriate.
- Answer the telephone and direct calls to associates and other departments appropriately; demonstrate ability to handle a large volume of telephone calls daily.
- Cooperate with other health system departments in order to maximize the efficiency of non-clinical services, including scheduling patient appointments, obtaining information for registration and billing.
- Compile, maintain and distribute daily and weekly rehabilitation schedules.
- Perform typing assignments, including correspondence, reports, forms, etc. with accuracy and on a timely basis.
- Compiles data and prepares regularly scheduled or special reports, analyses, and statements.
- Open, sort and distribute department mail.
- Demonstrate effective use of all office equipment.
- Perform routine clerical tasks and assists other clerical associates with office duties as needed.
- Ensures adherence to and participates in scheduling practices that meet the needs of our patients and the organization.
- Assesses and determines department staffing needs using reporting analytics, established staffing guidelines, bargaining unit agreements, and other operational information.
- Reallocates resources based on patient and departmental needs and seeks guidance from supervisor/manager to make these decisions when appropriate.
- Reduces staffing as necessary according to established policies and contractual language.
- Conducts timekeeping practices ensuring consistent adherence to departmental policies.
- Consistently documents accurate information in Kronos.
- Continually expands knowledge and expertise in the staffing process and Kronos application.
- Cross-train with other office staff to competently cover other positions as needed.
- Monitor, inventory and order department supplies. Maintain inventory of department therapy supplies and purchasing records. Generate purchasing requisitions.
- Assist in the provision of therapy interventions under the supervision of a staff PT, PTA, ATC, OTR, COTA or SLP. Greet and transport patients.
- Communicate verbally with the responsible clinician regarding the patient’s feedback related to the delegated intervention.
- Perform and document cleaning and maintenance activities according to department standards.
- Seek ways to continually improve the value of our services and maximize our customers’ rehabilitation potential by actively participating in activities such as in services, staff meetings, team meetings, and continuing education courses.
- Provides excellent customer service to all customers, fostering an environment of teamwork and high productivity and practices fiscal responsibility through improvement and innovation.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills|
FLOAT Rehab Support Position. Variable start and end times.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: