Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
To provide sterile, properly functioning, properly assembled, properly inspected, supplies and equipment throughout the Healthcare System.
This Job Description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Reprocessing of multiple use items including but not limited to decontamination,inspection,testing, assembly,packaging and sterilization.
- Operation of all equipment in the Sterile Processing Department including steam and low temp sterilizers.
- Decontamination, cleaning, disinfection, assembly and sterilization of surgical instruments
- Delivery, retrieval, and stocking of sterile instruments, supplies and equipment
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Accurately and consistently documents sterilizer loads,parameters, and biological test results.
- Takes immediate and appropriate action when failures are recognized.
- Performs additional duties as requested by charge person.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
|General Requirements||* Certified by the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, Inc. or Internal Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management|
|Work Experience||* Previous Sterile Processing Department experience.|
|Education||* High school diploma/GED, College course work directly related to Sterile Processing.|
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||* Good eyesight,:good hearing * Flexible and Adaptive to change * Strong communication skills * Ability to deal with high stress associated with high-volume critical care departments|
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: