Sparrow Health System
Sparrow Home Care
Position’s Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Evaluate patients, plan treatment programs and provide speech therapy interventions in order to maximize the value, potential, and satisfaction of our customers.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Perform speech therapy patient evaluations.
- Communicate the treatment plan, treatment goals, and progress toward goals to the patient and/or caregivers.
- Provide speech therapy interventions according to the established plan.
- Instruct patients and/or caregivers in home programs.
- Perform medical record documentation according to established criteria.
- Communicate with other health care professionals, including patient referral sources, both verbally and in writing, according to established criteria.
- Delegate and work with other Home Care Caregivers, various outpatient care facilities and interns according to established criteria.
- Supervise the interventions provided by Rehab Aides, students, and interns.
- Re-evaluate patients, modify treatment programs and goals as needed, and make recommendations at the time of discharge.
- Cooperate with support staff and other health system departments in order to maximize the efficiency of non-clinical services such as the registering, scheduling, and billing of our patients.
- Seek ways to continually improve the value of our services and maximize our customers’ rehabilitation potential by actively participating in activities such as inservices, staff meetings, team meetings, continuing education courses, and patient conferences.
- Maximize customer satisfaction by treating our customers with respect and responding to their needs in a prompt, friendly, and courteous manner.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: