Sparrow Health System
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) registry with the State of Michigan required
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job: |
To provide personal assistance and other related supportive services to patient’s in their home under the supervision of a nurse or therapist in accordance with physician’s driven care plan.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Provides supplementary and supportive nursing services according to the plan of care.
- Identifies and reports changes in the patient’s condition to the Case Manager.
- In the event of an emergency in the home, responds according to established Agency protocol.
- Maintains professional standards, compliance with State, Federal (CMS conditions of participation) and Joint Commission regulations, and infection control protocol by participating in in-services, staff meetings, process improvement teams, continuing education seminars when available, and adhering to the SHC expectations – standards of care guidelines.
- Completes a minimum of 12 hours inservices per calendar year.
- Performs procedures and personal care services to patients as indicated on the Home Health Aide Care Plan including but not limited to: bathing, repositioning, dressing, transfers, colostomy care, catheter care, wound care as appropriate.
- Takes and records vital signs, reports findings outside prescribed parameters directly to the Agency.*
- Performs simple range of motion exercises and encourages the patient’s participation.
- Assists patient with meals and feeds patients who are unable to feed themselves.
- Reminds the patient to take his/her own oral medications that are ordinarily administered by the patient or the patient’s family.
Performs routine housekeeping tasks as related to a safe and comfortable environment for the patient as indicated in the Home Heath Aide Care Plan.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Sparrow Home Care is a non-profit, certified home care agency serving the Mid-Michigan region including residents of Ingham, Eaton, Clinton, Ionia, and surrounding counties since 1984. As the leading home care organization in Mid-Michigan, we work with you to find your best healthcare options and provide an uninterrupted continuum of care as you transition back to your daily life.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: