Sparrow Health System
Position’s Location: Ionia, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes safety and well-being of all patients in nursing units and throughout the organization on assigned tour of duty. Plans, directs, coordinates and evaluates all intradepartmental and interdepartmental activities: is the designated on-site hospital administrator after normal business hours. Responsible for all activities within the hospital in the absence of administrators and/or department managers.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Plans, implements, directs, delegates and evaluates patient care throughout the nursing units and the facility.
- Expert resource for nursing performance and ancillary staff consultant.
- Recommends, develops, implements, and evaluates policies and procedures
- Assures regulatory compliance.
- Interviews, recommends hiring, and provides direction, appraisal, and discipline to nursing personnel as necessary.
- Responsible for planning, development, and implementation of annual competency evaluation for nursing personnel.
- Develops and monitors work schedules on a daily basis.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Assists with budget development for nursing.
- Ensures distribution and delivery of supplies and equipment for patient care, monitoring utilization.
- Responds to all emergencies and disasters within the organization.
- Conducts and documents frequent rounds throughout
|General Requirements||Current unrestricted License with the State of Michigan as an RN |
Current BLS and ACLS certifications
Certification in a nursing specialty preferred
|Work Experience||Minimum of four years experience in acute care setting. |
Previous Leadership experience
|Education||Graduate of an accredited nursing program |
Bachelor’s or advanced degree in nursing preferred
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, including effective interpersonal skills. |
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and strong attention to detail.
Excellent critical thinking skills.
Strong Leadership skills.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: