Sparrow Health System
Registered Nurse, Sparrow Clinton
Position’s Location: St. Johns, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing services both direct and indirect for the care and treatment of pediatric through geriatric patients. The Registered Nurse assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates individual patient care in a nursing department according to Nursing Services policies, procedures and standards of care. Accepts responsibility for the supervision and direction of co-workers in the implementation of the nursing care plan.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Assesses patient condition and initiates nursing and or medical care in accordance with established guidelines. Develops, implements, and evaluates a plan of care based upon the assessment of the patient and documents accurately in the medical record.
- Delegates and directs specific tasks to other health care workers.
- Engages in patient/family teaching, as appropriate. Acts as liaison between members of the health care team, patient and patient’s family, exemplifying the customer service standards.
- Reports pertinent data of patient conditions to physician, Manager, Director, House Supervisor and other medical staff as appropriate.
- Administers medications, performs diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures and treatments in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional standards and knowledge of current trends in nursing by participation in meetings and attendance at mandatory inservices.
- Performs additional duties as assigned; float to other units as assigned.
*Special Note: The Charge Nurse is an RN that provides coordination for overall Patient Care on 2 West including staff assignments and serves as a clinical resource for nursing staff members.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills|
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: