Sparrow Health System
A 6 month fulltime temporary opportunity
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
This position administers, coordinates, and oversees complex functions associated throughout the recruitment life cycle for all ancillary, support and clinical positions up to and including middle management for your assigned divisions. The goal being to ensure availability of a qualified diverse pool of applicants for achievement of established goals and objectives. Responsible for staffing of quality hires, understanding the business needs and partnering with the department managers, directors or vice presidents of the organization to fully understand the business and staffing needs.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Works closely and in conjunction with business line leaders to understand individualized needs and/or success factors to ensure use of effective selection and interviewing techniques to efficiently meet department needs.
- Generates a pool of candidates through the utilization of creative sourcing techniques
- Screens applications and resumes for qualified candidates; performs initial interview of applicant to assess skills, competency, and preferences for appropriate match with available openings
- Ensures timely correspondence and notification to candidates about stages of the process, status of open positions and/or employment decisions
- Works collaboratively with HR Caregiver Relations team on any labor relations issues, along with the union representatives, for a positive outcome
- Builds new relationships in the Mid-Michigan community, and surrounding communities, to increase talent pipelines and Sparrow’s employment brand exposure
- Prepares a variety of management and activity reports to provide information, trends, and statistics regarding hiring efforts
- Works closely with Sparrow’s Marketing team on internal and external communication and/or advertisement needs
- Interfaces with third party vendors for temporary staffing needs or permanent placement needs. In addition, assists with the contract process with vendors
- Maintains professional and technical competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement by remaining apprised of current human resource management, nursing and health care delivery trends, and developments, including awareness of latest technology
- Acts in a consultant role to partner with hiring managers on recruitment and retention affairs
|General Requirements||PHR or SPHR, preferred|
|Work Experience||1 years of recruiting experience with general recruitment responsibilities, including strategy development |
1 year experience with adhering to EEOC or OFFCP Federal guidelines and standards for employment practices
1 year experience with building sourcing strategies to increase the diversity of a pipeline or talent pool for an employer
|Education||Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, business, or related field and a minimum of 1 year experience or Associates Degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience or High School Diploma and a minimum of 5 years of experience |
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||Working knowledge of creative sourcing techniques, having previously created a robust recruitment strategy. |
Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate internally and externally at all levels.
Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access.
Preferred – Healthcare HR experience, Social Media recruiting experience, experience working in a Union environment.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: