This posting is for Psych Tech opportunities in both Adult and Geriatric Behavioral Health Units
Position’s Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Assists in the assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and documentation of Behavioral Health patient care as assigned by the RN. The Psychiatric Technician works under the supervision of a RN and the direction of a RN, LPN, Lead Psych Tech, and other licensed professionals.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Provides basic and technical care to patients as directed by a RN.
- Establishes and maintains therapeutic relationships with individual patients.
- Documents care given and patient response in patient record.
- In coordination with unit staff, plans, participates and/or leads structured patient activities.
- Provides a safe and therapeutic milieu for patients by preventing patients from harming themselves or others.
- Communicates significant information and changes in inpatient condition to the RN.
- In coordination with the RN, provides education to patients and their families.
- Maintains hospital standards by participating in mandatory in-services and mandatory hospital departmental requirement.
- Assist the lead tech with orientation/training and acts as role model for new and per diem psychiatric technicians.
|* American Heart Association Basic Life Support Certification within sixty (60) days of hire and maintain throughout employment.
* Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) certification within thirty (30) days of hire or prior to completion of orientation and maintain throughout employment.
|* Preferred: patient care experience in behavioral health
|* Associate’s Degree in a behavioral health or related field; OR High School Diploma or GED and minimum two (2) years of direct patient care experience.
* Recipient Rights training with 30 days of hire and annually thereafter.
* Corporate Compliance training with 30 days of hire and annually thereafter.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills
|* Interpersonal skills to effectively and appropriately communicate with patients, families, physicians and other hospital associates.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: