Sparrow Health System
Positions Location: East Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Under direction of the Department Manager, coordinates staff with the development and implementation of business functions. Performs all daily business functions. Active participation in department meetings as lead caregiver representing Front Office functions/business including projects as assigned.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Coordinates staff and provides clerical support for front office procedures including scheduling and insurance verification.
- Greets, checks in/ checks out patients, answers phones, schedules appointments/ tests/ procedures/ secures authorizations, compiles pertinent demographic records, and facilitates referrals.
- Coordinates daily business office functions that may include: PHI gathering for patient appointments, fax distribution, patient appointment reminder calls, mail pick-up/ distribution/ delivery, and other clerical duties.
- Serves as a preceptor to current and new Caregivers whenever needed.
- Assists with medical record requests as needed.
- Maintains upkeep and maintenance of equipment including infection control logs.
- Assists with/ conducts office meetings.
- Operates various pieces of standard office equipment.
- Acts as source of direction during absence of Department Manager.
- Serves as a role model for consistent demonstration of Sparrow Health System’s Customer Service Behavioral Standards of Performance, by respecting the Privacy and Confidentiality of those we serve.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respects patient, service provider, and organizational confidentiality procedures and protocols defined under the HIPAA Privacy Policies.
- Follows established HIPAA privacy procedures when using and/or disclosing protected health information.
- Maintains and protects rights under the HIPAA Privacy standards.
- Populate monthly dashboard of performance metrics, including data entry and composition of reports to be shared with clinic stakeholders
- Responsible for tracking and ordering therapy supplies each week.
- Lead welcome orientation visits to proactively inform new patients and caregivers of customer’s frequently asked questions.
- Systematically track deadlines for progress notes and authorization forms to ensure adequate compliance with insurance and outpatient therapy regulatory bodies
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills|
This position will float between Sparrow Mary Free Bed Day Rehab and Pediatric Rehab.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: