Sparrow Health System
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The Manager – Orthopedic Service Line has responsibility for assisting the Medical Directors of Orthopedic in planning, developing, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating all aspects of these areas. Manages the delivery of quality, compassionate, cost effective and accessible to these services. Is responsible for the management functions of planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and communicating for the Orthopedics departments.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Coordinates all aspects of delivery of services within Orthopedic Services.
- Directs activities of the team and support staff and provides ongoing evaluation of the quality and cost efficiency of Orthopedic Services.
- Services as liaison between hospital management, Orthopedic staff and the department managers. Attends Regional Advisory Groups and other committee meetings as appropriate.
- Provides periodic reports and recommendations concerning Orthopedic Services and its programs to administration.
- Provides leadership and oversight to Orthopedic Services Programs.
- Works cooperatively with the hospital’s Director of Marketing in support of the marketing needs of Orthopedic Services.
- Participates in local and regional education programs related to Orthopedic Services.
- Works in conjunction with any applicable local and regional associations on area-wide programs and services.
- Provides ongoing input into the hospital’s long-range planning process.
- Monitors and evaluates the development of information in support of Orthopedic renovations, expansions and new program development.
- Provides information as required by regulatory and accreditation agencies.
- Directs the evaluation and justification of new products and services within Orthopedic Services.
- Directs the development of budgets within Orthopedic Services based on anticipated volume, acuity and case mix in coordination with the VP of Support Services.
- Monitors budgetary indicator including net return on services, pricing, reimbursement and cost changes on an ongoing basis and recommends budget adjustments as appropriate.
- Monitors the contribution margin for services within services areas and initiates program changes as appropriate.
- Provides input pricing structures and assists in the development of pricing packages for contracting groups.
- Represents the Hospital and Health System in the community, educational institutions, and professional nursing organizations
- Promotes consistent, open, two-way communication for Orthopedic Service Line.
|General Requirements||* Demonstrates knowledge and maintains and respects patient right to privacy by following the HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and procedures.
* Adheres to ICARE values and standards of behavior (Innovation, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence).
* Role model behaviors that value the diversity of our associates, patients and customers and supports creating an environment that is inclusive, welcoming and respectful.
* Adheres to established best practices (i.e. Rounding, Thank You Notes, AIDET, etc.).
* Demonstrates commitment to safety by establishing an environment in which safety issues are promptly reported and appropriate actions are taken.
|Work Experience||* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in physician practice relations, – program or business development.|
|Education||* Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or related business field.|
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||* Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) required to ensure success in negotiating and obtaining support from physicians, nursing staff, administration and associates.
* Strong leadership skills including staff development, planning, organizing, implementing, evaluation and maintenance of programs and projects
* Ability to organize, manage, and assume the risks of operating a business.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: