Sparrow Health System
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Provides overall leadership for all facets of Professional Billing, including Sparrow Medical Group, TCI, and affiliate physician practices and clinics. The Director will be responsible for developing and monitoring a Compliance Plan, Accounts Receivable, policies and procedures, and monthly revenue and collection reports. The Director will also provide support to other leaders within SMG. Ensure that the mission, vision, and values of Sparrow Health System are met.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Provides overall management and direction to the operations of the SMG billing office including billing, follow-up, collections, coding, credentialing, and financial support.
- Assumes the responsibility to ensure that all department operations maintain current and continual Compliance requirements for all payers at the local, state, and federal level.
- Coordinates the interpretation and dissemination of regulatory requirements for all external third party insurers to appropriate management, staff, and Providers.
- Provides recruitment, orientation, training, continuing education, counselling and valuation of department leadership positions. Provides leadership team with structure and methods to perform goals, objective, and position responsibilities.
- Recommends and coordinates the continual development of the physician billing system for optimal automation supporting all areas of responsibility.
- Develops and maintains monthly statistical information to monitor and report specific provider activities to SMG Management including account aging status, payments, adjustments, and collection analysis.
- Prepare the annual budget for the departments.
- Communicates with Providers and Health System Leadership as necessary to inform them of billing issues, concerns, trends, and ongoing initiatives.
- Monitor key performance indicators within span of control. Work with leadership and staff to develop and direct process improvement initiatives related to these KPI’s.
- Provide leadership in developing and improving Caregiver engagement.
- Develop an organizational plan for areas of responsibility. Determine staffing needs and standards of productivity, develop a highly effective team, and establish procedures, systems and appropriate job classifications. Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local codes, regulations and ordinances.
- Consult and advise department managers and supervisors on a regular basis to evaluate the competence of the work force, and make appropriate changes. Maintain open lines of communication and seek to maintain high caregiver morale in a professional, healthy, positive atmosphere and environment.
- Performs interviewing, selecting, orienting and training of staff within span of control.
- Work closely with other health system leaders and affiliates to develop accurate, efficient, and maximized charging and billing practices.
- Ensure compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations and work with regulatory agencies governing healthcare reimbursement by continually monitoring the financial implications and status of regulations and audits accordingly.
- Assist in the review of managed care contracts in coordination with other team members.
- Represent the Health System, as assigned by the Vice President, Revenue Cycle, in its relationship with other health agencies, organizations and groups, government agencies and third party payors at the state, national, and local level. Maintain professional affiliations and enhance professional growth and development by keeping abreast of the latest trends in healthcare policy, administration, delivery and financing.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills|
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: