Sparrow Health System
Position’s Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Under the direction of the Service Delivery Manager, the Customer Service Agent serves as the first line of communication to patients, families, caregivers and the community. The primary responsibility is to provide a high level of customer service and ensure timely resolution and escalation of issues. Working collaboratively with other departments, the Intermediate CSA will act as the central communication point for internal health system issues.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Perform all duties of the Customer Service Agent Associate
- Act as back up agent and an escalation point for issues not resolved by a Customer Service Agent
- Receives and logs incoming issues and or requests from Caregivers, Patients and Visitors and the Community.
- Using computer-based tracking tools, triages requests to the appropriate Health System team, department or resource.
- Assist Callers with Health System Information and Services
- Accurately communicates nature of the problem to designated resource
- Insures follow-up on patient/family/visitor contact, including logging of all correspondence
- Escalates emergency issues to appropriate leadership
- Maintains daily event logs
- Contribute to departmental knowledge Base
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||
Candidates please note: A series of assessments are a required part of the consideration process for all positions in the IT Department.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: